Friday, September 24, 2010

Back to Singapore...

Whoa! I never believed that I'll be able to get back to this country!! It has been weeks or months since I last blogged. Today content will not be about relationship or love, but it will be about the time that I was in Palau Tekong - the land of the military 'dogs'.

Why I use the term 'dogs' is because as a recruit there, we are being treated worst then a dog. The sergeant and officers want you to do this, you do this, do that and you suffer from all the torture. The types of torture are that of leopard crawling through wet mud that smelt like shit, and leopard crawling on rocky and stony paths.

Everyone got heat rashes till now not completely recovered. When sweat, it caused itchiness and when there is fiction, like back-sling of rifle, it caused extensive pain shooting through your spine. The feeling is so strong that you got the urge to tear off your skin...

Palau Tekong is a nice place, but the weather is terrible. You add 2 degree Celsius to the Singapore temperature and you get their weather. Especially during the afternoon time, it is hotter than you can imagine. Life in jungle is not fun at all, running up the slope, wondering whether there will be any wild boars round the corner when you turn. I actually is afraid of that, really.

There was a particular night whereby a wild boar went into our harbour area - area that we set up our place to sleep in for the night. It got attracted by the smell of rubbish, would you believe that??!!! But the wild boar does not scared me, it just seemed amused to me. It is like so cute, brown and wild, yet it actually got accustom to human's presence in their territory. What would happen if there is actually tigers or lions? I bet the military will use all firer's techniques to captured those man-eating beasts...

The most fun part is the Urban Ops. It is like playing computer games, except that now I am the player and my superiors are the one controlling me through the 'screen'. So fun!!! But please...NO MORE FIELD CAMP FOR ME!!! I HAVE GOT ENOUGH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment